Sunday, September 12, 2010

Website to Use: KidsHealth

Looking for a way to break down content information in a way that's easy for your students to understand? Need a quick brush up on any health topic? Look no further than KidsHealth.org.

KidsHealth encompasses three websites: one for parents, one for teenagers, and one for kids. All three sites contain information on a variety of health topics. As the site information says, KidsHealth is free of "doctor speak." Information is reviewed by medical experts and has received numerous awards for its content.

I've used KidsHealth many times in my middle school classes. Earlier this year, I posted about using their virtual reproductive systems during a unit on puberty. Their information on drugs and alcohol is also used in my classroom. For back to school night, I mention this website to parents as a resource for them to use if they want more information on what we're learning in the classroom to discuss with their kids.

NOTE: I am in no way affiliated with Kids Health or its parent company!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...